Saturday, December 09, 2006

Patience

I still have my laptop, although it shall be winging its way back to ACER on Monday courtesy of DHL.

Last night I played 2 $10 stt’s and got a payout in neither, the first one was just bad play the 2nd I was unlucky. On two occasions I called an all in from the short stack, once with AK and once with AQ , both times I was up against very small under pairs and both times the pairs held up. This left me short and I eventually was forced in with an Ace but got beaten by a better kicker.

This morning I again played 2 stt’s the first I didn’t get paid and the second one a won. Meaning my bankroll has gone up by a whopping $1 (4*$11 = $44, 1st prize = $45). More importantly this has given me the 500 fpp’s that I needed to gain my ‘Road to WSOP 2006’ $120 bonus, my bankroll is now $486 which for a $50 start back in march is a fine achievement.

Going back to the stt’s, I need to display more patience in the early stages of these games and not try get involved in too many pots early on when I don’t have either position or a good hand. Harking back to the tourney I wrote up where my connection failed, I made the final three no problems and I was ‘sat out’ for most of that game and that’s the attitude I need to display. Too often I am giving myself a disadvantage by playing too loose too early. My new ethos has to be to play as tight as a rock early on and let my opponents knock each other out. It’s so hard to bluff anyone early on in tournaments at this level and often I will see people calling someone down all the way with bottom pair so the best thing is to just play good solid poker and then get a bit creative at the latter stages of a tourney.

Bankroll: $486.04

1 comment:

ROSSI said...

nice bankroll mate, good work, wish i was making similair progress

though i have 8000FPP's !!! lol