Thursday, December 07, 2006

Playing Live and Faulty Drives

After my successful weekend that pushed me over the $400 I quickly set about going back below it with some bad play and a rashness that has seen me constantly risking too many of chips early on in tourneys, refusing to fold in situations that scream I am behind.

Anyhow, enough about internet play I hosted a live game at my mum and dad's on Monday evening, my living room is being decorated presently and with my parents in Australia it made sense to use their 'gaff'. We played a 5 way £10 stt with 25 minute blinds and a starting stack of 1500 chips. The structure worked well and after a timid start the game really got going. I played fairly tight early on but made moves when the time was right even though I had poor hands for most of the game.

As the blinds went up the tournament turned into an 'all in' bonanza, with just about everyone apart from me getting involved. I must here mention my mates brother Brian who had his Kings busted by 6, 7 off with his opponent hitting quad 6's and then in the very next hand he had Jacks busted by 8's despite hitting a Jack on the flop, the next two cards were 8, 8!!!! Unbelievable.

A shout out must here go to my mate and fellow blogger Neil Ross who managed to bust pocket kings with AJ with only 2 live aces in the deck, he then busted kings again with 88 as described above and later he out drew pocket 9's with 8 2 by making a set of deuces!!!!!!! Losing any of the above situations would have seen him back off to Liverpool, so he was a very lucky boy!

In stark contrast to the rest of the table I didn’t really get that involved in any big showdowns due in the main part to not getting any hands and on the rare occasions I did get a hand nobody wanted to play me. However I gradually built my chip stack and eventually me and Neil ended up heads up with me a massive leader. Eventually with Neil getting short holding Q 10 he pushed and i called with A 4 and hit a set of Aces. The £30 profit will come in handy!!!!!

Finally tonight I won a $10 stt with some CONTROLLED aggressive play and this will probably prove to be my last game for a while as the CD drive on my laptop has given up, meaning I have to return it to the good people at ACER to repair. The turnaround time is approx 10 days so hopefully should have it back before Xmas but knowing how these things pan out I am not holding my breath.

Bankroll $365 (plus £30 from my live game that I haven’t deposited yet!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that most of contents are not related for poker gaming.