Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Poker Update

I am back.

Played three STT's this week with payouts in two of them.  My first game back was understandably rusty and I was out pretty quickly after a few ill advised plays. 

I got straight back on the proverbial horse and claimed a third place finish in the next STT I played.  I should have really been in the top two and here is why; me and the chap who knocked me out had pretty equal stacks, his slightly more than mine, the other fella tho had only $800 chips left and was disconnected and had been for a while.  I was dealt queens in the hole, I raised and the other player re-raised and I had a decision, do i fold my queens or am i going to play them?  Folding them would mean a definite 1st or 2nd payout due to the other chap being disconnected. I figured this was the cowards way because what I saw was an opportunity to cripple the other guy and then have around 13k in chips playing two players with under 1k, one of whom was disconnected, I decided that bold is best and lumped them all in.  I was immediately called, my opponent revealing Anna Kournikova (not literally of course, although that would have been mightily impressive) and to cut a long story short he hit his ace and out I went, still, no guts no glory.......

Tonight I played another STT and won.  I was roundly abused by some chump that I knocked out.  He was short stacked and went all in, under the gun, at this point I was chip leader and had him covered six times over.  I had A 5 off and was the big blind, everyone else folded and I called.  I hit, he went out and stalked the table for ten minutes bitching at my every move.  Now I know he was favourite (he had pocket sixes) and I made a loose call but the reason I did and the reason he was so short was because he had been playing garbage and his stupid moves on really poor hands had already been exposed to the whole table, I honestly thought I was ahead or a 50-50 shot at worst.  I misread the situation which happens, he couldn't accept it, which is his problem really.  I politely and I mean very politely told him to 'fuck off', which for some reason seem to exasperate the the situation even further.  I went on to win the STT and my roll is now up to $74.

Slowly but surely I am getting there.

Keep it real



1 comment:

ROSSI said...

keep going mate. fuck them fish